Tuesday, November 04, 2008



Congratulations President Elect Barack Obama! I've been voting since I turned 18 and last night's election was the third Presidential election that I have participated in. I voted for Gore and technically won back in 2000. I watched Kerry get beat by the slimmest of margins in 2004. Looking back on the past eight years of my voting history, I wouldn't change a single thing. The first President that I voted for that won, was Barack Obama. Just thinking about the historical importance of last night tears me up.

Despite the economic woes of the past year, despite the U.S.'s ever deteriorating situation in Iraq, and despite the mountain of shit that Bush Jr., has piled on top of all of us, I am hopeful. Last night, the voting citizens of America recognized that change is needed and the Republican Party is not who they want spearheading the efforts. The Democrats not only won the White House, they also won the Senate. Their hopes of a filibuster proof 60 seat Senate are growing faint but the fact of the matter is that the Democrats won not only the election but they won a majority of the Senate. Now is the time for Obama and his party to start re-shaping America. I'm proud to be an American and I am even more proud to have taken part in such a historic election. America is beautiful.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kartiki Washington said...

We won. For the...First. Election. Ever.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home